Fibroids or Leiomyoma are mostly benign muscular tumors of the uterus. They can grow alone or there can be many. They are usually small but in some cases grow very large.
The symptoms are more common in the large fibroid and are:
- Feeling of fullness in the pelvic area (lower stomach area)
- Heavy bleeding (which can be heavy enough to cause anemia) or painful periods
- Enlargement of the lower abdomen
- Frequent urination
- Pain during sex
- Lower back pain
- Complications during pregnancy and labor, including a six-time greater risk of cesarean section
- Reproductive problems, such as infertility
We at Beyond-Biology feel that there is more than one factor that could be part of this condition. These factors are most likely hormonal, diet related and genetic. Estrogen and progesterone imbalance can be the most important thing to correct along with changes in diet. If you have been told you have fibroids and the Doctors are “watching” them, maybe with our support you can take a more proactive approach. Call us now at Beyond-Biology 1-888-908-0804 and speak to our Program Advisors, Lifestyle Concierges and Educators to find out how we can help!