Call 888-908-0804 Today!

Toxic Mold Illnesses

An under-recognized epidemic, mold exposure and contamination is no laughing matter.  More common in moist climates, mold “poisoning” can happen essentially anywhere where there is a water supply, enclosed air, and minimal opportunity for drying.  Thus in crawl spaces, basements, attics with faulty roofing or air conditioning units, drywall, faulty plumbing, new buildings under construction with sub-par construction regulations, as well as areas prone to flooding, storms, or a high water table are all vulnerable to this stealthy invader.  Molds produce “mycotoxins” as a means for competitive inhibition—to “out-compete” their rival molds, bacteria, etc. for their food supply and territorial domain.  Besides being unsightly, the major problem with this is that approximately 25% of the population is extremely sensitive to these “mold poisons” and can become extremely ill from this exposure.  Certain genetic types have an inability to “clear” these toxins out of the body and thus once a person has been exposed (and especially if they continue to be ‘re-exposed’), they may continue to feel ill and at worst, suffer devastating effects from this include including loss of employment, loss of day to day functioning, misunderstanding from friends and family, and much, much more.

Symptoms of biotoxin illness can be considerable but can include the following: bleeding from the ears, gums, and/or nose, fibromyalgia, headaches, allergies, body temperate regulation problems, chronic fatigue, burning, red, watery eyes, dizziness, coughing, muscle cramps, shortness of breath, insomnia, “leaky gut” and digestive problems, nausea, light sensitivity, balance problems, mood swings, IBS, sore throat, vertigo, weakness, sweating/chills, and more.

While there are different species of mold that produce these “toxins”, some of the most common (and notorious) ones that people may be exposed to in workplace and home environments include the following:  Aspergillus, Penicillium, Fusarium, and the most notorious Stachybotrys (or black mold).

Once mold has been discovered in a home or other environment, extensive remediation may be needed of the home and even then, it may not be possible to salvage the environment, as mold spores are tiny and may number in the millions or more in a square inch in a heavily contaminated area.   Even just leaving a few remaining may be enough to allow a mold “re-infestation” to occur if the environment is suitable again.

Fortunately, with removal of the offending agent and appropriate treatment and “binding” of these toxins along with supportive supplements, many individuals may be able to considerably improve their health and well-being.  Call us today to find out how Beyond Biology can help you at 888.908.0804