Male Hormone Panel™ (MHP™) by DiagnosTechs Lab
Using one saliva sample, the regular Male Hormone Panel measures seven hormones:
- DHEA - Is the precursor for both male and female sex hormones. Anti-stress hormone produced by the adrenal glands.
- Androstenedione - Is a weak (androgen) precursor to both male and female hormones.
- Testosterone - Is the main testicular androgen and is a precursor to the highly potent Dihydrotestosterone.
- Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) - Is made from testosterone in certain tissues. The rate of its production is controlled by the level of free active progesterone. Excess DHT causes prostate enlargement and thinning of scalp hair.
- Progesterone - Is a hormone important to both men and women. It is a natural calming agent to our nervous system. It also keeps in check excessive DHT production and counterbalances the effects of excessive estrone.
- Estrone - Is an estrogen produced in the fat cells. The more fat, the more estrone, which in turn promotes fat deposits. Excess estrone can cause breast enlargement and contribute to prostate enlargement. In men, a low-level of estrone is mandatory to balance the androgens.
- Estradiol - Is another estrogen. It is partly formed in the testes but mostly in the peripheral tissues from both the testicular and adrenal androgens.
Expanded Male Hormone Panel™ (eMHP™)
The expanded panel measures these seven hormones plus FSH and LH.
Beyond-Biology Physicians can use the findings in these panels to recommend customized treatment and preventive measures that may include diet and lifestyle changes, hormones, botanicals and vitamins.
*Not available in NY*